Tips and Tricks for Browsing the web in a Safe and Secure Way
Almost all of us have experienced that we are browsing the internet and a website have stated to work in an unpredictable manner like opening more browser instances and keep on opening new ones.
Some times this happens by the unethical techniques of marketing that are being applied to the websites. Also some times the author of the site does not even know but the websites gets hacked and then hackers or you can call them bad guys put hidden text on the sites or they can put iframes. This is can be very annoying and a night mare for simple people who don’t know about the complexities and they even don’t know the way to get rid of this malware or virus or some other bad pieces of code which have been injected to their site.
If the website is big then bad guy got a lottery because it will be difficult for the site owner to check every page and look individually at each page to find out the virus or malware infections in the code. These injections are usually made in such a way that even most intelligent anti-virus software are unable to
remove it or even detect it. So here are out suggestions which you must act upon in order to make sure that you dont get infected from a site. Try not to visit the site which is infected because it can bring virus to your computer and can compensate your security and you could end up losing your data
Here are the tips and tricks
1. Purchase the best available antivirus software from the market . Dont even think of saving few bucks as this can cost you hundred of dollars later on.
2. Make sure to update your antivirus definitions at all times. This is because new things keeps on pooping up and creative people try new methods to hack into your PC and anti virus companies keep an eye on that and will launch new patches.
3. Always purchase a genuine copies of operating system. This is not only ethical but also you can download update of your software and patches too. Operating system vendors will also keep on launching new patches as the new ways to hack into their systems are being developed.
4. Keep your web browser up to date.
5. Keep an eye on your email. Never open any file enclosed which comes from a non trustworthy source. This can be very painful because if you open that file you are gone. If
that file is an executable file than it can start a process on your computer which can do any thing to it.
6. Keep on cleaning you cache and clearing your cookies after every couple of weeks however if you have a good antivirus it will do it automaticall for you.
7. Keep anitivirus setting so that it at least checks you computer once a week for possible virus infections in your system.
8. Also it is important that you keep your home of office network safe and dont leave your router without password. A hacker can then take control of your network and can infect the systems that are connected to this router.
9. When ever you download new files from internet or from other source scan it first before you use the files.
10. Dont give your credit card and other information on sites which are not trustworthy. Also specially check that the site is using ssl (Secure protocol) if you are giving your credit card info specially.
11. Try to shop only from well reputed merchants . It will eliminate chance of credit card fraud.
12. Also try not to put sensitive information on your computer. Sensitive information like credit card numbers, personal photos etc which you dont wont to share with people. This will make sure that you sensitive info will be saved in case your computer or laptop PC is hacked.
If you follow these practices then you are most likely to be safe.