Heat Stroke Symptoms, Prevention And Treatment.
Heat stroke can be very fatal and is caused due to severe case of heat exhaustion. Heat Stroke elevates the body temperature and causes temporary change in the nervous system in adults and specially children. Care must be taken to avoid and prevent Heat Stroke specially in Children who live in hot climate areas. Medical attention is needed and should be given immediately otherwise heat stroke could prove fatal for the body. The main cause that is behind heat stroke is severe dehydration due to not drinking water or exposure to hot water. Since a dehydrated person cannot sweat fast enough to let the heat out so it would lead to increase the temperature of the body leading to a heat stroke. Here are the heat stroke symptoms, prevention and treatment:
Symptoms Of Heat Stroke:
• Nausea and vomiting are one of the promising symptoms that this heat stroke can cause in human beings.
• Severe headache is amongst major symptoms that can be caused by Heat Stroke.
• Dizziness after a heat stroke can be very dangerous and may lead to unconsciousness and immediate attention is needed and patient needs to go to emergency.
• Increased pulse rate and increased heart rate can also be one of symptom of heat stroke or heat stroke.
• Breathing issues can also occur in case of Heat Stroke. Children needs special care in case of hypothermia.
• Dry skin can cause to decrease in sweat which in result can reduce body power to cool itself as there is no sweat and can result in Heat Stroke.
• Another main symptom of heat stroke is that it may lead to coma or seizures due to dehydration
• Muscles cramping and stiffness in the muscles is another side effect or symptom of a heat stroke.
If anyone is seen exhibiting these symptoms, then you must call the emergency number to seek medical attention urgently. Make sure that the person who is suffering heat stroke is given some air and give them some water or apply ice to the skin which will help in reducing the temperature of the body .Just make sure you try to reduce the body temperature until the paramedics arrive
How To Prevent From Getting Heat Stroke:
- The most important factor is to make sure the body does not sweat too much with less water intake. Water intake must be increased and it is needed to avoid too much exposure or sports during extreme heat.
- If you choose to do any sports or physical activity under extreme heat conditions then make sure to drink lots of liquids especially water at regular intervals during sports and before or after sports. Avoid drinking caffeine or alcohol as it might cause dehydration.
- You will have to make sure that the electrolyte content within our body is maintained and be very careful with this. The excess sweating will lead to decrease in sodium level in the body so it is important to make sure the balance is maintained.
- Wear loose clothes in hot weather and carry an umbrella so that excess exposure to the sun and hot weather can be avoided whenever you go out in the sun. Wear a hat for prevention of heat stroke if you have direct sun exposure as.
- Take frequent breaks during heavy activities to re-hydrate the body.
- Avoid going out as much as possible during the hottest part of the day.
- Make sure to avoid certain medicines during summer because few medications can cause dehydration.
- Never stay in a closed car to avoid Heat Stroke for a long time during summer as the car’s temperature will increase causing the temperature of the body to increase and this can lead the body to lose water at a faster pace.
- Take bath in cold water to prevent Heat Stroke during summer as much as you can
Treatment To Cure Heat Stroke:
First you must call an ambulance when one has a heat stroke. Meanwhile here are few things you can do to help the person.
- Move the person to a cooler place immediately after he suffers a Heat Stroke. This will help the person not to lose more water and the body will start coming to normal temperature.
- Another cure of Heat stroke is that it must be made sure there is enough air for the person to breathe.
- Give the sufferer or heat stroke some water to hydrate and to come out of critical condition.
- If the person is unconscious then just make sure they get enough air.
- If a lighter dress is available then change dress to something lighter and loose.
- In case of hospital treatment then Provide the person with ice bath so that the body temperature goes down immediately as this can cure Heat stroke at a faster pace.
Spray the body with cold water so that the evaporation process is balanced.
So make sure you keep these information in mind and react appropriately next time when some one has a heat stroke so that first aid can be given immediately.